Sheffield is one of the most beautiful cities in England. Situated in South Yorkshire, it is well known for its history dating back to its steel production. One of the most striking features of Sheffield is that almost 60% of the city has a green cover. It is surrounded by some of the most beautiful countrysides of England. It provides a great balance where you can enjoy the urban life while soaking in the energy which the natural surroundings offer. You can explore the history and culture while living in some of the best hotels in Ashbourne Derbyshire.
Here is a list of things you shouldn’t miss in Sheffield
- Sheffield botanical garden: this beautiful garden is spread across 19 acres and has more than 5000 plants on display. You can go for a stroll on a lovely afternoon when the flowers are in full bloom.
- Winter Garden: another one of Sheffield’s majestic gardens is the Winter Garden. This is the largest urban glasshouse in all of Europe. You can find plants from all over the world showcased here. The total number of plants must be more than in 2000.
- Tropical Butterfly House, Wildlife and Falconry Centre: this is another one of Sheffield’s prized attractions. It houses a variety of exotic butterflies and is perfect for a day out with your loved ones. The attractions are not limited to just butterflies; you can also encounter lemurs, meerkats, owls, otters and other amazing animals at their best.
- Kelham Island: this island has a fascinating story to tell. The island itself is human-made and was built over 900 years ago. It is one of the oldest industrial estates, and the Kelham Island Museum has displays that reflect its rich industrial history.
- Sheffield’s museums: a city with a lot of history has to make sure that a lot of it is preserved for its future generations. You can soak in the art, architecture and take a trip down to historical marvels in 3 prominent museums of the city: the Millennium Gallery, the Weston Park Museum and Graves Art Gallery.
- Sheffield’s theatres: step out of your luxurious hotel in Derbyshire gear up to witness some excellent in-house productions as well as touring productions in one of the largest theatre complexes outside London. The three theatres that make up the complex are the Crucible, the Lyceum and the Crucible Studio.
- Meadowhall Shopping Centre: No trip is complete without some shopping adventures. You can find some exciting finds in the moor market, crystal peaks or you can also head to the Meadow Hall Shopping Centre for more. These are some of the local markets to give you a taste of the city.
You won’t have to sacrifice on comfort or live in a crowded place to experience all that Sheffield has to offer. You can choose to stay at The Royal Hotel, which is the best 5-star hotel in Sheffield, to enjoy some great food and beer while living in a location which is convenient for a traveller to get to know the city.